Forward funding transaction with Watkin Jones for the development of 5 high-specification student accommodation schemes.
2,163 UK student accommodation beds
RHC partnered with KKR to acquire and forward fund 5 student accommodation projects with Watkin Jones, marking the firm’s first UK student development transaction.
In total, RHC oversaw the development of 2,163 beds across key higher-education cities in the UK:
- London (2 developments)
Through the RHC Student Operating Brand, Nido Student, all 5 developments were successfully launched to market and reached stabilisation in August 2021.
The Nido Difference
Established in 2007, Nido Student is an award-winning purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA) operating platform of Round Hill Capital. It's designed to deliver:
- Established, excellent relationships with key universities.
- Consistent advertising packages running all year round with all major universities, Student Unions and accommodation offices allows for instant brand recognition and lead generation.
- A digital first approach continually refining and optimising our marketing plans to ensure maximum ROI and a consistently lower cost per acquisition year on year.
- Meeting students on channels they are already on, we know what works and carefully hone our key channels based on lead and conversion data.
- Manage existing tenants and attrition rate with our events programme, wellbeing programme and support, alongside tracked communication frequency and channels.
What our residents say
This is my second year living here at Nido Globeworks and I can honestly say it is the best student accommodation I have lived in hands down. The accommodation is modern with useful facilities and I have had minimal issues living here, which in the end had always been resolved. The staff here are very friendly and helpful and the site is neat and clean. With access to nearby shops, walking distance from University and access to free outside parking the location couldn't be any better.
Globe Works Birmingham Resident
Responsible property management
Our company values and strategies are intertwined with our approach to ESG, ensuring that we deliver our property management goals, while supporting the issues that are important to our business partners and wider society.